One more suspected SARS case reported in China
China said they had been notified of a third suspected SARS case in Guangdong and were making inquiries about the fourth case.india Updated: Jan 16, 2004 13:09 IST
Health officials here said they had been notified of a third suspected case of severe acute respiratory syndrome in China's adjacent Guangdong province and were making inquiries on Monday about a possible fourth case. They expressed growing worry over the weekend about the possibility of another outbreak here.
The third suspected case invo-lves a 35-year-old man with no recent history of travel to Hong Kong and no apparent contact with wild animals — the suspec-ted source of some cases — said Dr Thomas Tsang, a community medicine consultant for the Hong Kong Department of Health.
Chinese news media in Hong Kong on Monday morning reported that a fourth case had just been discovered in Shenzhen on Hong Kong's border.
First Published: Jan 16, 2004 00:00 IST