Orissa BJP leaders to woo voters in Gujarat
With completion of Lok Sabha and assembly elections in Orissa, several BJP leaders are Gujarat bound to woo Oriyas settled there and registered as voters.
A ten-member team led by the party’s Yuba Morcha president Bibhuti Jena is leaving for Narendra Modi’s land to campaign in Surat and Ahmedabad. Over 10 lakh Oriyas are settled in Surat and Ahmedabad, known as textile and diamond cities of Gujarat.
Most of them are from Ganjam district. “As most Oriyas in Surat are from Ganjam district and form a crucial votebank, we are going to woo them in favour of BJP,” said Jena, who is from Ganjam district and also contested from the saffron party from Gopalpur assembly segment.
Congress would take a final decision after discussion with party leaders and the candidate of the party in the surat Lok Sabha seat. “No formal invitation from the Gujarat Congress has been received, but we are keen to visit Oriya colonies of Surat to campaign for our party,” said a party leader.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The IDC is said to be inspired by the Taj Mahal. Microsoft said that its design will amalgamate the company's technological prowess with locally sourced materials. It will feature artworks by local artisans and incorporate features of the Taj, like vaulted doorways, marble inlays and domes, arches.
- On Thursday, the state reported 5771 cases with a test positivity rate (TPR) of 9.87. The active case load is 72,392 and it reported 19 deaths taking the death toll to 3682. Almost 45 per cent of fresh cases of the country are from Kerala.
- The resolution in the Assembly also extended support to the protesting farmers.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Additional Sessions Judge Amitabh Rawat said in a case of conspiracy of such a large scale, not having a video was not so vital as generally conspiracy, by its very nature, is hatched in secrecy and not having videos of such a conspiracy was obvious rather than doubtful.