Rae Bareli fireworks unit blast kills 2
The blast at Chulan-Ka-Purwa village claims unit owner Sarju Prasad and his wife, who were sleeping in the building.india Updated: Sep 09, 2006 12:28 IST
Two people were killed in a blast at a fireworks unit in a Rae Bareli village in Uttar Pradesh early on Saturday, about 160 km from here.
Rae Bareli district magistrate Jitendra Kumar said: "The blast occurred due to negligence of the fireworks manufacturer Sarju Prasad, who died along with his wife in the incident."
"Sarju's house in Chulan-Ka-Purwa village from where he ran his unit was reduced to ashes because of the blast," the magistrate added. There was no one else in the house at the time, he said.
First Published: Sep 09, 2006 09:05 IST