Rahul visits Vidarbha
Rahul Gandhi’s surprise visit to the killing fields of Vidarbha on Friday to interact with the widows and children of farmers has surprised many.
He was accompanied by Margaret Alva and Jayanti Natrajan. The young MP and his entourage were immediately rushed to Wardha where he first visited Dorli village.
Interacting with Rahul, debt-ridden villagers reportedly told him him that the increasing costs of agro-inputs and inadequate remunerative prices for their produce had forced several people to end their lives.
“We will collectively deal the issue. Don’t give up hope,” Rahul told the farmers.
The AICC general secretary visiting a number of suicide-prone villages through the day.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- All ten vaccination centres across the city sported colourful curtains and were decorated with flowers. Some centres at BYL Nair hospital and Covid-19 jumbo centre at Bandra Kurla Complex also placed selfie spots with ‘I got my Covid-19 vaccine’ message in the backdrop.
- In its response, BKU-Lokshakti through its advocate AP Singh told the Court that the Delhi Police application was unnecessary as Section 144 of Criminal Procedure Code is already in place in central Delhi which restricts gathering of five or more persons.
- The health ministry on Saturday said that close to 200,000 people were vaccinated on Day 1 of the drive.
- The Santacruz station of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded a minimum temperature of 16.6 degrees Celsius, a degree below normal. This is the second lowest minimum temperature recorded this season following a mercury drop to 16 degrees Celsius on December 22 last year.
- The DoPT is the nodal ministry for the CBI and any administrative action against Class-I gazetted officers (DSPs) is approved by it while the CBI Director has powers to suspend Inspectors and below rank officers.
- The CM said that policies have been simplified and they would be further eased to help those wanting to contribute to Bihar’s progress in different ways.
- Billed as Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest festival, IFFI is being held in Goa since 2004. This year the festival will open with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.