Raj foolish, Tiger roars for Big B
The Tiger has broken his silence with a loud roar: “Amitabh is Amitabh. He should completely ignore such foolish regional allegations.”
Four days after his nephew’s party launched an assault against north Indians, including Amitabh Bachchan, Bal Thackeray came out in open support of the actor.
The Shiv Sena chief, the prime mover of ‘Mumbai for Maharahstrians’ movement, issued a statement on Wednesday. He termed estranged nephew and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray’s statements against the actor foolish and insisted he was firmly behind Bachchan.
In the Capital, consultations are on to see if Raj can be booked for his anti-north Indian comments.
The Congress high command said the Maharashtra government is likely to take action against him for his “provocative statements” and is talking to the Advocate General. Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh arrived in Delhi this evening, apparently to discuss the situation with the party leadership.
“The Maharashtra government is discussing with the Advocate General and the legal team whether Raj Thackeray can be booked for the provocative statements he has made and under what section he can be prosecuted,” said AICC’s M. Veerappa Moily.
The Centre has also told the state to ensure that people are not intimidated or attacked. It has been asked to take necessary action against miscreants without delay and to provide protection to those who may need it or may be vulnerable, Home Minister Shivraj Patil said.
With PTI inputs
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Earlier this month, CBI in the first charge-sheet in the case had named BSF Commandant Satish Kumar and Murshidabad-based businessman Enamul Haque along with five others for their alleged involvement in cattle smuggling across the India-Bangladesh border.
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.
- The BJP unit has also been at loggerheads with the ruling Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) dispensation with its chief Earnest Mawrie accusing it of anomalies in governance.
- Shahjahanpur’s superintendent of police S Anand, SP, denied reports that the girl was burnt after a failed rape attempt
- An expert team is trying to drain out the lake to prevent another tragedy like the Chamoli flash flood.
- The tribal fair draws devotees not only from Telangana, but also from other states like Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- The notice released by the state government stated “All passengers coming to West Bengal from the aforementioned 4 states shall mandatorily carry a covid negative RT-PCR report for such test conducted within 72 hours of flight departure.”
- The police said they were ascertaining the identities and affiliation of the two terrorists.