Shopping: Online or Offline?
Want to buy something online but you are afraid? Or you want to know about the benefits of shopping from the web. Read on to find your way...Divya Arya guides you on...india Updated: Jun 13, 2009 17:43 IST
Since the conception of the World Wide Web, a lot of things are available at arm's length, or might we say, through just one click.
1. Thefts: As virtual transactions are increasing, so are online thefts too. Online shopping is primarily facilitated through the credit card, and if the site is not credible, fraudsters can hack your credit card accounts.
For this, one must shop from well-known and leading shopping portals. Also, before ordering something that involves big money, one must check procedures by buying something of lesser value.
2. Apprehension: Even though the Internet is characterised by the WYSIWYG (special codes) concept, sadly online shopping is not. People are often worried whether what they choose is actually going to be what they will receive. Websites, sometimes, brag about the quality and ratings of items, burning a hole in the consumer's pocket.
1. Multiple options: Online shopping portals present a plethora of items! More than maybe you can chose from. A wide variety accounts for a better choice, across products as well as brands.
2. Ease: For people who aren't very keen on surveying the malls or slogging in the markets, online shopping is a boon! With a few clicks, sitting on your bed or in your living room, you can order and purchase what you require. All you have to do is tire your credit card, and not your legs! Also, the Internet is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so you don't have to hurry or worry about finding a parking spot!
3. Comparison: When you are shopping online, you welcome yourself to convenient comparisons, which just better your decisions. You can compare prices, quality, reviews, shipping time and status of products within a site as well as across various online shopping sites.
4. Swiftness: Nowadays, most things are released online first and later in stores and supermarkets. One can book new products as soon as they are announced. This comes in very handy for book lovers and tech geeks.