Take a journey into your own mind
I’ve been grounded! A fate bestowed on me by my mother… and my doctor. It’s a late-night story that stars a tub of very, very hot water, my mother and a series of misfortunes, writes Priyanka Chopra.india Updated: Feb 26, 2009 19:00 IST
I’ve been grounded! A fate bestowed on me by my mother… and my doctor. It’s a late-night story that stars a tub of very, very hot water, my mother and a series of misfortunes. It ends with me and a much burned, much blistered left leg! I went to shoot in the morning but was sent home by my director and ordered to stay put by the doctor. So, here I am… grumpy, restless and in lots of pain.
I can’t sit still and can’t handle not being able to do anything. I’m not in the mood for television and can’t seem to decide what to read. So, as always, music comes to my rescue. And as I sit listening to my favourites, I’m drawn into some random, melancholic reminiscing of nothing in particular! It’s moments of live-action memories, mixed with an unorganised ‘life’s to-do-list’. Here are some of the things that I thought about as I sat confined at home:
* I wonder what my little brother is doing right now. He’s in Switzerland, studying to be chef. He’s probably elbow-deep in chocolate or some other exotic creation. Hmmmm (yum) I miss him.
* I wanna talk to my best friend, but she’s flying and out of reach (literally)
* My leg is burning and itching… what if it scars?
There’s a knock on the door. Dad’s here. He keeps switching between his ‘doctor’ role and his ‘dad’ role.
A to-do-list within a to-do-list! Check-listing all I need to do for the launch of my mom’s pet project – Studio Aesthetique, her cosmetic enhancement centre. Mom and dad have both worked so hard to make this happen. I’m a proud daughter!
* I have to go and watch a few movies, especially the new releases. I haven’t had the time since 01.01.09! Who can I convince to come with me?
* A sudden craving for pepperoni pizza (with extra cheese) and hot gulab jamuns hits me.
* This d@*& leg is still hurting. What’s the point of taking painkillers?
* I’m trying to get a 70mm view of What’s Your Rashee? in my head. It’s the film I am currently shooting for. It’s tough, it’s complicated and I’m trying to relive the scenes I’ve shot this week.
* Kaminay! I’m not abusing anyone, just diving into thoughts of the release of my next film, titled Kaminay, which releases in June.
* I can’t just sit here… I need to… WHAT?
That’s the kind of randomness that was on my mind. I’m not sure if it was the medication or the sheer pain of not doing anything that drove those thoughts into my head. In all of this, four hours have passed. I’m suddenly woken from my reverie by my mother. She’s promised to make me whatever I feel like eating. Oh God, decisions!
When I read these words back to myself now, I find it is strangely interesting… the way the human mind leapfrogs from one topic to another, all unconnected. It’s been fun and I recommend it. Take a journey into your own mind… but preferably without the leg burn for company!
Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org