The going gets 'tough' for Rajeev Khandelwal
Encouraged by the response to Aamir, UTV's Spotboy is ready to risk money on Rajeev Khandelwal again.
The small screen heart-throb who made his movie debut recently in the role of a London-returned doctor targeted by terrorists, will now be seen flexing his muscles and singing romantic duets. The producers are yet to decide on the title, but Ishq Kameena and Love in Goa are being bandied around.
The film is supposed to be directed by first timer John Owsen who was earlier associated with a music channel. Set in Goa, it will start off with the heroine returning to her ancestral home after years of living abroad, only to discover that it's now the haunt of some local goons who start to harassing her.
Then Khandelwal zooms into her life and takes charge. Go Goa Vikas Bahl, COO, UTV Spotboy, confirms the news but declines to share details saying, "Things are yet to be finalised."
When quizzed on the project, Khandelwal replied with a text message: "Yes, my second film will be with UTV Spotboy We are planning to start by the end of August, immediately after the monsoons. The title is yet to be confirmed. I don't think it's called Ishq Kameena. Can't tell you anything more now."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The NCP demanded a joint parliamentary committee probe into the leaked WhatsApp chats, the Congress sought a probe under the Official Secrets Act and the Shiv Sena said demanded action against Arnab Goswami for breach of internal security.
- Several countries have either signed agreements or are in talks with Serum Institute or Bharat Biotech, including Bangladesh, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and Morocco.
- Long weekends around Republic Day, Good Friday, Holi, Janmashtami, Dussehra and Christmas are expected to see significant interest from travellers.
- NIA officials said that most of the people who appeared before the agency in the last few days, have been examined as “witnesses”.
- The family of nomads had been living in a ramshackle shed covered with tarpaulin and polythene in a forest area of Devsar in Kulgam district.