US consular fees go cheaper
The US embassy on Thursday announced a reduction in the consular exchange rate by Rs 2 - from Rs 46 to Rs 44 ($1) - from February 14. The lower exchange rate will bring down costs of applying for visas, passports and other consular services.
* Non-immigrant visa application processing fee will be Rs 4,400 and non-immigrant visa issuance fee Rs 2,200.
* US passport applications for under-16s will be Rs 3,080. Renewals will cost adults Rs 2,420.
* Adults who have lost their passport applications will have to pay Rs 3,740.
* The $100 visa application fee will require a bank or demand draft made out to the embassy. Applicants for visas that require issuance fee must submit a second draft.
* Applicants for student, exchange visitor, transit and crewman visas don't need to submit second bank draft.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Indian security officials say they are tracking the infiltration of terrorists from the military-supported terror pads in Pakistan for its assessment of the Imran Khan government's intentions
- The first day of the second phase started with the vaccination of Prime Minister Narendra Modi at AIIMS in Delhi.