RLP chief Beniwal threatens to walk out of NDA over farm laws
Rashtriya Loktantrik Party (RLP) chief and MP, Hanuman Beniwal on Monday threatened to walk out of the Bharatiya Janata Party led National Democratic Alliance (NDA), if the three-farm laws weren’t withdrawn and recommendations of Swaminathan commission implemented.
In a tweet, Beniwal appealed Union home minister Amit Shah that in view of the ongoing farmer agitation in the country, the three farm laws should be immediately withdrawn, all recommendations made by the Swaminathan Commission should be implemented, and dialogue be held with farmers in Delhi in the right spirit.
In another tweet, he said, “RLP is an alliance partner of NDA but its strength is youth and farmers, if prompt action isn’t taken than in the interest of farmers, I will have to reconsider being part of the NDA.”
In a video message on farmer protests, he said, the RLP has protested against the three farm laws through social media and on roads. Today have written to Shah, if laws aren’t withdrawn then will reconsider our alliance with NDA. “We are with the farmers and if required will kooch (march) to Delhi. The PM and Shah should hold dialogue with farmers, and provide space to hold dharna in the capital. If any kind of ill-treatment is done with the farmers than the farmers of entire country will be on streets to gherao Delhi,” he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot held the 'verbal exchange' between the two vaccine manufacturers as the reason behind the decline in participation in the vaccination drive
- Gajendra Singh was the son of former home minister and Congress stalwart from Rajasthan, Gulab Singh Shaktawat.
- The police investigated the case and got hold of the accused who was found to be a woman during the medical examination.
- Bikaner’s superintendent of police, Priti Chandra, rubbished the claims made by the girl’s family.
- All the passengers on the bus were from the Jain community and were returning to Ajmer after visiting a temple in Beawar
- Salman Khan has filed an application before the court seeking exemption from personal appearance in the poaching case.
- Vijay Sardana (58) was critically infected with Covid-19 in September 2020 and was hospitalized in Covid-19 ICU for a week but he didn’t lose courage
- Nearly 140 persons, including 100 in Jaipur alone, are reported to have been injured in kite-flying incidents in the state on the occasion of Makar Sankranti
- Villagers said they approached officials several times in the past with the request for action against the selling of illegal liquor in the area but no action was taken.