CPI(M) flays PM for 'appeasing' SP
Continuing its tirade against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the CPI-M on Sunday alleged that when the UPA government's fate was hanging in the balance, he was busy 'appeasing' the Samajwadi Party which had pledged support to the government during the trial of strength on July 22.
"It is because the Samajwadi Party is the lone party to have pledged support for the UPA government during the trust vote," CPI-M daily 'Ganashakti' said in an editorial here.
"Whenever the Left parties pleaded with him for solution of the daily problems the common people were facing, the Prime Minister said he had no time and now he kept himself busy appeasing the Samajwadi Party," it said.
It alleged that the Prime Minister even during his hour of crisis had to 'rush' to settle the dispute of the Ambani brothers only to 'appease Samajwadi Party'.
The Prime Minister 'had no time' to think over the alarming inflation rate which was nearly touching 12 per cent, but found time to deal with issues like signing nuclear deal with the US, the article said.
"He hardly finds time to look into the rapid fall in industrial production either," it said.
Describing Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram as 'garrulous', the CPI-M said, "now he has turned dumb when inflation rate is up and prices of commodities are touching an all-time high".
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As many as 14 out of 15,707 vaccine recipients developed adverse effects after immunisation while health of a nurse turned serious after taking the jab.
- The TMC leadership downplayed the incident calling it an error that was being blown out of proportion.
- The app was not opening. We had to log in and log out several times. It was also too slow, said an official.
- For the Matua community, permanent citizenship is a longstanding demand.
- Sisir Adhikari has been removed from the post of chairman of Digha Shankharpur Development Authority (DSDA) in East Midnapore district.
- Attacking the BJP over the three contentious farm bills, Banerjee alleged that BJP leaders have staged lunch with farmer’s family in rural Bengal after arriving in chartered flights.
- This comes a day after the TMC supporters allegedly ransacked Suvendu Adhikari’s office in Nandigram in the same district.