Malda Congress MLA Rubi Noor passes away
Malda Congress president and MLA Ruby Noor died Thursday night at a private hospital in the city. She was 65.
Noor, the younger sister of late railways minister Ghani Khan Chowdhury was suffering from lung cancer, Congress sources said.
She entered politics in 1991 and contested on a Congress ticket from Sujapur Assembly constituency. Noor won the seat for four consecutive terms. She was also district president of the party in 2001.
The Congress leader continued to carry her brother's legacy and under her leadership the party won the recent panchayat elections in the district for the second time.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For the Matua community, permanent citizenship is a longstanding demand.
- Sisir Adhikari has been removed from the post of chairman of Digha Shankharpur Development Authority (DSDA) in East Midnapore district.
- Attacking the BJP over the three contentious farm bills, Banerjee alleged that BJP leaders have staged lunch with farmer’s family in rural Bengal after arriving in chartered flights.
- This comes a day after the TMC supporters allegedly ransacked Suvendu Adhikari’s office in Nandigram in the same district.
- TMC leader Sheikh Sufian said it was a BJP’s factional fight.