Rahul lends a helping hand to security official who slipped
Rahul Gandhi today came to the rescue of an intelligence official, who slipped and fell as the Congress leader breached security and tried to mingle with crowd during an election rally.
Gandhi, who stepped off the dais to shake hands with people who surged towards him, bent down and lifted up the district intelligence official and enquired if he was hurt.
Earlier too, during a visit to Purulia and Bankura, the AICC General Secretary had tried to mingle with crowd breaching security.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The opposition leader is also scheduled to meet senior TMC minister Firhad Hakim and hold talks about the upcoming Bengal polls.
- TMC and BJP have dismissed the Left rally as insignificant. While the TMC claims CM Mamata Banerjee will return to power for the third time, BJP says the elections are bi-polar and there is no space for the Left.
- The BJP lodged a complaint in the Phoolbagan police station. Senior BJP leaders of the state rushed to the spot to take stock of the situation.
- The TMC asked the EC why the polls could not be held in fewer phases.
- She alleged that the poll panel scheduled the election dates keeping in mind the BJP’s demands.
- The CBI earlier questioned Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee’s nephew and Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Abhishek Banerjee’s wife Rujira Banerjee in the case.
- Besides rallies, the chief minister’s itinerary could include religious stopovers at important places of worship.
- "Modi government only makes false promises, has done nothing to bring down fuel prices," PTI quoted the Bengal chief minister as saying.