Princess Eugenie shares newborn son's name, pays loving tribute to Prince Philip
- Princess Eugenie welcomed her first child with husband Jack Brooksbank on February 9 and she recently revealed that she has named her baby, August Philip Hawke Brooksbank. The name is an ode to her grandfather Prince Philip, who is admitted in a hospital at the moment.
Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter Princess Eugenie welcomed her first baby with her husband Jack Brooksbank on February 9. She recently took to her official Instagram account to reveal the name of her newborn son and guess what, it is the most adorable ode to her grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip.
Princess Eugenie named her baby August Philip Hawke Brooksbank. She took to Instagram stories to share an image of herself lovingly holding the baby while smiling and posing for the camera with her husband Jack. The caption on the image read, "On his grandfather's birthday weekend, thinking of my grandfather, we are introducing our little boy (sic)."
She added, "He is named after his great grandfather and both of his great x5 grandfathers. August Philip Hawke Brooksbank. (sic)." The 30-year-old referred to Prince Andrew and Prince Philip in the caption. According to reports from Buckingham Palace, the 99-year-old Duke of Edinburgh is currently hospitalised for observation and rest after he felt unwell.
The 30-year-old Princess Eugenie also took this opportunity to thank all the essential workers who have been putting their lives at risk all this while. She shared a heartwarming caption with her family portrait. "We wanted to introduce you to August Philip Hawke Brooksbank. Thank you for so many wonderful messages. Our hearts are full of love for this little human, words can't express. We are excited to be able to share these photos with you. By our wonderful midwife. Thank you to the wonderful essential workers including our midwife who came to discharge our boy. (sic)."
That is not all, the new parents also chose to honour other family members of both the sides with the baby's name. The baby gets his first name August from Queen Victoria's husband Prince Albert, who was originally born as Franz Albert August Karl Emanuel. The rest of it comes from 5x grandfather from his own father, Jack Brookbank's side, Rev. Edward Hawke Brooksbank.
This is Princess Eugenie's first child. Her cousin, Prince Harry recently announced that he also is expecting his second child with wife Meghan Markle.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ahead of Women’s Day 2021, Hollywood actor Reese Witherspoon shares an ‘exceptionally powerful and illuminating’ book as her March pick after launching a free app for her book club which celebrates ‘diverse voices that put women at the center of their stories’
- Ankita Konwar recently took to Instagram and reminded her fans to love themselves. She also spoke about the simple changes that she has made, in an attempt to live a more sustainable life, which have made a large difference.
- Mini Mathur shares romantic mushy ‘wild candid’ pictures on 23rd wedding anniversary with Kabir Khan, spills the beans on a long and happy marriage and we are taking notes to amp up our romance game this Sunday
- Ankita Konwar wished husband Milind Soman on their seven year anniversary by sharing beautiful pictures of them together along with a loved-up note.