Podcast: The Mudslinging Campaign and Barkha Dutt on the “Fear” Election of 2019
This week on Grand Tamasha, Milan Vaishnav (Director of the South Asia programme at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace) chats with Sadanand Dhume of the American Enterprise Institute and Tanvi Madan of the Brookings Institution to discuss the latest news from the campaign trail.
The three discuss the BJP’s controversial nomination of Sadhvi Pragya and the criticism of the Election Commission’s management of the polls. They also discuss whether one can read anything into the modest voter turnout in the first two phases of the election.
Milan talks with veteran journalist Barkha Dutt (of the Washington Post and Tiranga TV) about her reporting on the 2019 election.
They discuss the fake news epidemic in India, the electoral salience of national security, and Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s economic messaging. Milan and Barkha also debate whether the Congress President Rahul Gandhi can successfully connect with voters.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- This will be the first of the many public meetings Adityanath is scheduled to address in Bengal where the BJP is looking to unseat the led TMC.
- "Toll collection through electronic tolling has reached 93 per cent during the last fortnight after the FASTag was made mandatory," Gadkari said.
- The senior citizen said he would return on Tuesday with his wife on Tuesday o she could be administered her vaccine.
- The AAP has already announced it would contest the 2022 Uttar Pradesh assembly.
- A forest official said the big cat was five to six years old.