Five killed in oxygen cylinder blast in Jaunpur
Five persons were killed and five others sustained critical injuries in an oxygen cylinder blast at a storehouse on the premises of house, in Jagdish Patti area, under Line Bazar police station, in Jaunpur on Thursday, police said. The injured has been admitted to a hospital.
Chief minister Yogi Adityanath expressed grief over the deaths and instructed officials to provide the best possible treatment to those injured.
Police said that about 14 cylinders were stored in the storehouse. All of a sudden, a cylinder exploded bringing down the storehouse as well as the house. The people present in the house got trapped under the debris.
Police said senior administrative officials, including district magistrate Arvind Malappa Bangari and superintendent of police Ashish Tiwari reached the spot to inspect rescue operations.
Ten people were taken to the hospital out of which five succumbed to their injuries and the other five are undergoing treatment, police said. They too are in a critical condition.
The SP said a probe is on to find out the cause of blast. The owner of the house was supplier of oxygen cylinders.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- IndiGo said the passenger could not be revived and was declared dead on arrival by the airport medical team
- The court observed that there was a possibility that the mother could be convicted and the adverse impact of the event, if it were to come to pass, would far outweigh the transitory benefit the minor would derive from her mother's care and company.
- The new BJP office in Varanasi was built in about two year’s time at an estimated cost of around ₹6 crore, said a party leader.
- In a tweet, Akhilesh said that shifting of the lions was an attempt to kill the tourism industry in Etawah.
- Neeraj Kundan also lauded NSUI for winning two important posts in the recently held student union’s election at Kashi Vidyapeeth.
- Instructions have been given to the tourism department officials to prepare the detailed project report for the tent city in Varanasi.