UP police defends investigation in Arushi case
Uttar Pradesh police defended its investigation on Friday in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case saying it had not filed chargesheet against anyone and the probe was still at a preliminary stage when it were handed over to the CBI.
"The CBI today said that it had not found any evidence 'as of now' against Rajesh Talwar and the UP police which was earlier investigating the matter had not filed any chargesheet naming him," IG Bhanu Pratap Singh told newspersons in Lucknow.
On the UP police failing to reach Krishna, who has emerged as the main accused in the CBI inquiries, the IG said that the investigations were transferred midway .
"Had the UP police completed its inquiries it would have definitely reached the real culprits," he said.
Holding that CBI has neither made any adverse comment against the UP police nor alleged that evidences had been tampered with, Singh said that the state police cooperated with the CBI at every stage and the case diary had also been submitted.
The IG said the case is now under judicial scrutiny and the court would decide how it had been investigated by the different agencies.
The IG parried all questions on whether action would be taken against the officials investigaing the case saying that the matter is now before the court and it will decide on it.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- All 15 police personnel were suspended for remaining absent from their duty points.
- A senior BJP leader said the party has some big plans for AK Sharma.
- After the legislative council election, the UP Cabinet is likely to be expanded before the crucial 2022 Assembly election, said a BJP leader.
- The girl came to Lucknow from Nepal in search of a job two years ago before she was misled and trapped by the main accused who worked as a security guard.
- The quick acceptance of his application for voluntary retirement has started a buzz in the BJP circles that Sharma may be sent to the Legislative Council in Uttar Pradesh.
- While currently nine domestic flights operate from Gorakhpur to all major cities of the country, an international flight from the newly-constructed Kushinagar airport will also commence soon, said the CM
- The first batch of the Covid-19 vaccines arrived by a special plane at Chakeri airport in Kanpur on Wednesday. Vaccines in stored in Varanasi are to be used in the divisions of Varanasi, Azamgarh, Prayagraj and Mirzapur.
- Questions are now being raised over the manner in which appointments are being made on various posts in the Congress in Uttar Pradesh.
- The high court had earlier directed the state and the Central governments to place before it a definite date and the intended programme detailing when and how the vaccination against Covid-19 would be done in UP.
- 51,000 healthcare workers have been listed in Lucknow for the vaccination drive.
- The AIMIM and Omprakash Rajbhar’s SBSP would contest the 2022 Uttar Pradesh polls, said Owaisi.
- 1.6 lakh vials of Serum Institute of India vaccine, weighing about 400 kilograms, arrived in 11 boxes amid strict security at the Lucknow airport. It was then transported to storage points in special GPS-enabled trucks.