Chandra Grahan 2020 Timings: See pictures, videos of last lunar eclipse of the year here
Chandra Grahan or the final penumbral lunar eclipse of 2020, also known as the Beaver Moon, will be seen today on Monday, 30 November. The eclipse will start at 1:04 PM IST and end at around 5:22 PM IST according to timeanddate.com. However, those wishing to see the eclipse in India will be unable to do so on account of the moon being below the horizon, however one can always watch it online via live streams. A penumbral lunar eclipse occurs when the sun, Earth, and the moon are aligned in an imperfect manner that the Earth only partially blocks the sun’s light from reach the “moon’s surface and covers all or part of the moon with the outer part of its shadow, also known as the penumbra”, according to timeanddate.com. This lunar eclipse is the last of the four lunar eclipses seen this year. Here are unseen images and details about the Beaver Moon:
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration), America’s Space Agency took to their Twitter to post about the Beaver Moon Eclipse, writing, “In the wee hours of the morning on Nov. 30, our favorite celestial neighbor will be shining bright for you! This full Moon, known as the Beaver Moon, will reach its peak at 4:30am ET. ...”
Lunar Eclipse date - November 30, 2020
First Contact with the Penumbra - 01:04 PM
Maximum of Lunar Eclipse - 03:13 PM
Last Contact with the Penumbra - 05:22 PM
Duration of Penumbral Phase - 04 Hours 18 Minutes 11 Seconds
Magnitude of Penumbral Lunar Eclipse - 0.82
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ananya Panday loves an intense morning Yoga session. The actor has lately been sharing a lot of aerial Yoga posts on social media and blowing our minds away.
- Hina Khan recently shared a video in which the actor gave extremely useful tips for improving the hair health especially during winter season. Get ready with your notepads and pen.
- A bowl of cauliflower-based alfredo with macaroni and cheese or caulifredo mac n’ cheese makes the best couch companion and you’ll agree too once you try this velvety, mouthwatering recipe to make the ‘weak’days ahead, easy
- Lisa Haydon recently baked a rainbow cake at home and shared snippets with her followers. The clips made us crave for a cake and we are sure that after looking at these videos, you will want to gorge on one too.
- Are you a vegan who is craving some naan? Try these crispy, flaky and aromatic scallion pancakes instead. Recipe inside
- After a short hiatus from social media, Bella Hadid made a return and penned a heartfelt note about mental health. "I am only here to be an instrument of peace and love," it read.
- From sharing the best fitness advice she has ever received, to her goals for 2021, favourite way to workout and more, Jacqueline Fernandez reveals some health and wellness tips in this viral video
- For her recent outing in Dubai, Nora Fatehi opted to wear a stunning black velvet full-sleeved dress that also featured a thigh-high slit. The actor's gown is the epitome of modern luxury.
- From nerdy minimalist look to contemporary chic, The Girl on The Train actor Kirti Kulhari serves a slew of fashionable styles that are a must-have for this year's Spring-Summer wardrobe