Use high-tech to stay hydrated this summer season
It’s that time of the year when temperatures soar high and your body tends to lose a lot of water due to excessive sweating. These nifty tools and utilities remind you to stay hydrated all the time and keep a check on your water intake.
If you use a Fitbit (or some other fitness tracker), logging your water intake is quite seamless - so you know how much you’ve had and how much you still need to drink, based on a customizable target that you can set. While you can do this via the Fitbit app on your phone, on some top-of-the-line models, you can log water on the smartwatch itself.
If you are an Apple Watch user, you can use an app like WaterMinder to quickly log your water intake. There’s also the Hydro Coach app that syncs with both Fitbit and Google Fit.
Of course, you’d not buy a smartwatch specially to keep a check on your water intake but if you already use one, this is a handy feature. These apps work similarly with iPhones or Android smartphones in isolation and remind you to stay hydrated and allow you to track your progress.
Manually logging your water intake each time you take a sip can be a little overwhelming, and that’s where the new-age smart water bottles come handy.
There are bottles like HydraCoach that keep a tab on how much water you’ve been drinking, or you could go a step up and get one like the Bluetooth-enabled Hidrate Spark that glows to remind you to drink water and comes with a companion mobile app to monitor your hydration goals.
Bonus Tip: If you think you don’t need all the tracking, you can keep it simple and use Google Assistant or Siri on your smartphone to set up a reminder for drinking water at regular intervals throughout the day.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- NBA coaches' casual dressing, during the league at Walt Disney World in Florida, inspires basketball coaches across America to eschew the traditional game day attire of coats, ties and dress slacks in favour of polos, quarter-zips and warmup pants as comfort over style becomes the new fashion trend
- Khushi Kapoor is currently holidaying in Delhi and giving us winter wardrobe inspiration. The 20-year-old has been spotted wearing a lot of delicate crop sweaters and wide-legged pants.
- Labour Movement museum, that is opening up in Alappuzha, Kerala, will the the first of its kind museum in India. It will showcase the history of world labour movement through huge repository of documents and exhibits.
- Looking to give gluten the hook? Check out this delicious vegan recipe that preps up super fluffy and light banana pancakes which are golden and crisp on the outside and will make you forget you ever missed gluten
- Taapsee Pannu has been following a diet for the preparation of her film Rashmi Rocket. However, her diet is not as boring as one would imagine. It even includes laddoos. Yes, you can read that again.
- Nora Fatehi, who is currently holidaying in Dubai, has been serving us some royal looks lately. Her recent statement-making kaftan dress is fit for a queen and we love it.
- Have a sweet tooth and easily give in to desserts while craving for some more? Check out this Lotus Biscoff mousse recipe to make the easiest dessert with just two ingredients
- Read the most books this year, tweet and win!