From boost to city’s nightlife to plan to recycle construction waste: Top 5 stories from Mumbai
Here are the top stories from Mumbai you shouldn’t missmumbai Updated: Aug 10, 2017 16:42 IST
While Mumbai’s nightlife received a boost with a new bill permitting malls to restaurants to stay open 24X7 being passed on Monday, civic officials are trying to ensure that the city’s environment is taken care of too. They have developed a plan to recycle construction debris into construction material.
1. Mumbai civic body’s incredible claim: We can build homes by recycling construction waste
Mumbai’s municipal corporation has made an incredible claim — that it will recycle most of the 1,200 metric tons (MT) of construction wastes generated daily into building material.
2. Some Mumbai Muslim clerics want national flag to be flown from masjids, madrasas on Aug 15
Muslim clerics in Mumbai have asked young members of the community to celebrate Independence Day by hoisting the national flag at masjids and madrasas (religious schools).
3. Soon, shop and party the night away: New bill permits Mumbai eateries, malls to stay open 24X7
Mumbaiites, get ready to shop till you drop. In a few months, restaurants, multiplexes and malls will be permitted to remain open through the night or even 24X7.
4. 12-year-old rape survivor from Mumbai seeks SC permission to abort 27-week-old foetus
The mother of a 12-year-old rape survivor from Mumbai plans to file a petition in the Supreme Court today, seeking permission to abort the child’s 27-week-old foetus.
5. 11 minutes, 53 messages: How Mumbai man was robbed of Rs1.83 lakh
Eleven minutes, 53 messages — that’s all it took for a cybercriminal to steal Rs1.83 lakh from a 53-year-old retired Indian Revenue Services (IRS) officer last week.