Maharashtra govt approves cluster development policy for Mumbai city
Maharashtra CM on Tuesday approved the ambitious cluster development policy for Mumbai ahead of the code of conduct for forthcoming assembly elections, which is likely to come into force anytime.mumbai Updated: Sep 09, 2014 22:04 IST
Maharashtra chief minister Prithviraj Chavan on Tuesday approved the ambitious cluster development policy for the island city of Mumbai ahead of the code of conduct for forthcoming assembly elections, which is likely to come into force anytime.
The cluster development policy has been cleared without going ahead with the proposed floor space index (FSI). The current FSI is 2.5.
The policy will be extended to the suburbs as well once the Bombay high court delivers verdict on a PIL which is currently being heard, officials in the chief minister's office (CMO) said.
The policy envisages reconstruction or redevelopment of cessed, MHADA or government buildings which are 40-year-old and those which have been dilapidated or declared non-livable.
If the government or semi-government buildings are included in the scheme, the decision would be taken by a committee headed by the chief secretary.
At least 70% residents and tenants should approve participation in the cluster development while a project can be started with the approval of 70% of land owners and the approval of the remaining 30% can be sought in a year's time. Earlier, this was 100%.
Dilapidated and non-livable buildings will not require any permissions.
Meanwhile, the government has also approved a SRA scheme for neighbouring Thane city in which the developer will get 0.75 to 1.33 FSI.
First Published: Sep 09, 2014 22:01 IST