Apna music money money
If the fees for movie directors are rocking, so are the charges for music composer. The Rs 1 crore-plus charge for a film is no longer rare.
But most film producers feel that the sky high prices are unjustified, given that the sale of music rights no longer fetch substantial prices in the market.
In addition, the music scenario has become extremely clouded with out-in-the-open conflicts between filmmakers and music companies.
Recently, Ram Gopal Varma went to the police headquarters at Crawford Market to complain about alleged misdemeanours by T-series. The Bhatts, too, have had their problems with the label.
The highest-paid composer continues to be AR Rahman who also gets a share in the royalties of his music sales. The composer is known, however, to lower his market price for small-budget films if he likes their content.
Also, his fee in India is far lower than what he commands for his scores in the international market. Pritam has emerged as Bombay's top music composer from 2007 onwards and is believed to charge a crore a project, which includes the recording costs, playback singer's fees and miscellaneous expenses.
His stock has risen with a hat-trick of hits: Love in a Metro, Jab We Met and Bhool Bhulaiya.
The busiest composer in the market today, Pritam's stock has been on the rise particularly with Himesh Reshammiya's virtual retirement from the music making scene.
Reshammiya has stopped scoring music except for the films he acts in. Shudder. Among the other music composers who belong to the top league today areVishal and Shekhar and Ehsaan Shankar and Loy.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.
- Singer Harshdeep Kaur and husband Mankeet Singh have welcomed a son. They had earlier shared several posts trying to guess the baby's gender, wondering if the child would be a 'Singh' or a 'Kaur'.
- BTS singer V released his vlog on YouTube, which featured a few behind-the-scenes glimpses at his song Snow Flower with Peakboy, his workout session, and more.
- BLACKPINK member Rosé shared posters to confirm that she will make her solo debut on March 12. Her fellow BLACKPINK members Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie extend their support.
- BTS singer V left fans in India screaming after he was seen thanking a yoga instructor with a "namaste."
- BTS singer Jungkook was the talk of the town with his surprise VLive followed by his statements on his upcoming mixtape, dubbed JJK1, on Saturday.