Groove to the music
Canadian teen idol Justin Bieber swept the American Music Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday, overshadowing Eminem to take home four prizes, including artist of the year. The pop singer also won statuettes for favorite pop album, breakthrough artist and favorite male pop artist.
Eminem and country trio Lady Antebellum, who led the contenders with five nominations each, had to make do with some scraps. Eminem won a pair of prizes in the rap/hip hop field while Lady Antebellum was named best country group. R&B singer Usher, who helped discover Bieber 18 months ago, also won a pair of prizes. Michael Buble, 35, won his first-ever award, for favorite adult contemporary artist. “While you Americans are sitting getting fat, us Canadians (him and Bieber) are getting ready to take over,” he joked.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.
- Singer Harshdeep Kaur and husband Mankeet Singh have welcomed a son. They had earlier shared several posts trying to guess the baby's gender, wondering if the child would be a 'Singh' or a 'Kaur'.
- BTS singer V released his vlog on YouTube, which featured a few behind-the-scenes glimpses at his song Snow Flower with Peakboy, his workout session, and more.
- BLACKPINK member Rosé shared posters to confirm that she will make her solo debut on March 12. Her fellow BLACKPINK members Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie extend their support.
- BTS singer V left fans in India screaming after he was seen thanking a yoga instructor with a "namaste."
- BTS singer Jungkook was the talk of the town with his surprise VLive followed by his statements on his upcoming mixtape, dubbed JJK1, on Saturday.