Ricky Martin to launch Celina Jaitly's song on LGBT rights
After her stint in Bollywood films, Celina Jaitly is now trying her luck at singing.
The actor has lent her voice to a song about human rights, which is part of a global UN campaign called Free & Equal. Last year, Celina — along with singers Ricky Martin and Daniela Mercury and Yvonne Chaka Chaka, and singer-composer duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis — was appointed an equality champion and ambassador to Free & Equal.
"We are in the process of making a short human rights video for a non-commercial release online. It will highlight universal themes of love, acceptance and mutual respect in an Indian family environment and will be shot with a Bollywood theme," says Celina, adding that she has teamed up with singer-composer Neeraj Shridhar of Bombay Vikings fame, who has composed the song.
"We have a wonderful track on board. It is all for a great cause and I would go to any length if it makes a difference in people’s lives," adds , who is going to shoot the video on February 19 and 20.
The video, which will be launched in New York, USA, soon, will be screened at various events that will be held in United Nations Headquarters in New York City.
Interestingly, if all goes well, Martin will join Celina at the launch of the song. "We are trying to work it out. If the dates match, Ricky will be present at the press meet in NYC. Even if he can’t make it, he will promote the song and video on the Internet," says Celina.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Recording Academy announced the list of performers for Grammys 2021. BTS, Taylor Swift, Harry Styles and many more will perform at this year's cereony.
- Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik and Bigg Boss 13's Paras Chhabra are coming together for a music video. See their pictures and videos from the shoot.
- Singer Nick Jonas shared his thoughts on BTS, to the delight of the pop group's fans. Here's what he said.
- BTS singer Jungkook released an alternative bridge of the group's song Dis-ease. The 45-second clip has the BTS member singing in English.
- Bigg Boss 13 star Shehnaaz Gill romances Badshah in new song Fly, but 'looks part Indian-part Thai'. Watch the video here.
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.