50-year-old dies of swine flu in Ghaziabad | noida | Hindustan Times
  • Saturday, Jul 21, 2018
  •   °C  
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 21, 2018-Saturday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

50-year-old dies of swine flu in Ghaziabad

The deceased was identified as Moti Lal of Loni in Ghaziabad. He was admitted to a private hospital in Kaushambi. The officials said that initially, the deceased had been admitted to the hospital for an operation due to a health complication on July 17.

noida Updated: Jul 28, 2017 22:14 IST
Peeyush Khandelwal
Peeyush Khandelwal
Hindustan Times
Ghaziabad,swine flu death,swine flu
According to officials, the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) confirmed that the samples of the deceased tested positive for swine flu.(Sakib Ali/HT Photo)

The Ghaziabad health department on Friday confirmed that a 50-year-old man died at a private hospital in Kaushambi on July 27 due to Influenza A and swine flu (H1N1).

According to officials, the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) confirmed that the samples of the deceased tested positive for swine flu.

The deceased was identified as Moti Lal of Loni in Ghaziabad. He was admitted to a private hospital in Kaushambi. The officials said that initially, the deceased had been admitted to the hospital for an operation due to a health complication on July 17.

“He was discharged from the hospital on July 19. On July 22, he complained of fever and other complications and got admitted again. On July 24, his samples tested positive for swine flu at the hospital. The hospital sent us the test reports and we sent it to NCDC for final confirmation,” GK Mishra, district malaria officer, Ghaziabad, said.

“We received the NCDC report and it confirmed that he died due to swine flu and Influenza A. The victim also had other health complications too and died around 11.20am on July 27 while he was on ventilator support in the intensive care unit of the hospital. This is the first swine flu related casualty in the district, confirmed by NCDC,” Mishra said.

The district officials had previously confirmed that three persons who had returned from a holiday in Bangkok earlier in July were suffering from swine flu.

In all, the health department officials said that there were no positive cases of swine flu reported in 2016 while 625 persons tested positive for swine flu in 2015 and five of them died as a result of the complication.

The officials said that they have already set up with isolation wards at MMG Hospital and Sanjay Nagar District Combined Hospital.