Today in New Delhi, India
Nov 13, 2018-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Two dead as wall of under-construction building collapses in Noida

Part of a basement wall of an under-construction building in Bahlolpur village in Sector 63 collapsed on Friday.

noida Updated: Jul 21, 2018 23:29 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times, Noida
Noida building collapse,Noida Sector 63,Noida latest news
A four-year-old boy and a daily wage worker were killed in the collapse,(HT Photo)

A four-year-old boy and a daily wager were killed, while two daily wagers were injured, when a part of the basement wall of an under-construction building in Bahlolpur village in Sector 63 collapsed on Friday morning.

According to residents, the incident occurred around 10am in A block, Sector 63.

“Nearly 15 daily wagers were working at the site. It was raining at the time. All of a sudden, the wall of the under-construction basement, where the daily wagers were working, collapsed. One of the daily wager’s children was also playing there. He, along with three daily wagers, were trapped under the rubble. After they were rescued by locals, the boy, Himanshu was taken to a private hospital in Sector 62 where he was declared dead on arrival. The others, including his parents, Kosa and Prakash, were taken to SJM hospital, Chhajarsi, in Sector 63,” said Rameshwar, an eyewitness.

Based on his complaint, an FIR was registered against the unidentified owner of the house and the contractor of the building under sections 288 (negligence), 338 (endangering life) and 304A (causing death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code.

“The owner has not been identified yet. The neighbours are not very sure about his identity. However, we have arrested the contractor, Bheem. We are questioning him to find out more information about the incident. He is insisting that he had already warned that the wall was structurally weak and would collapse,” said Amit Kumar Singh, station house officer, Phase 3 police station.

According to SJM Hospital officials, three injured labourers were admitted around 11am on Friday.

“Two of them were male. Both of them had serious injuries and were in critical condition. The third victim, Kosa, had suffered a pelvic fracture. She was also serious, but is out of danger now,” Dr TK Jha, medical superintendent, SJM hospital, said.

He added that one of the victims, Hemraj, had a critical head injury and his family decided to shift him to AIIMS hospital in Delhi, later on Friday night.He expired while on the way. Prakash had multiple fractures in the lower back and pelvic area and had lost much blood. He continued to be critical till Saturday evening.

First Published: Jul 21, 2018 23:29 IST