Rains stop Patna in its tracks
Patna’s civic system has collapsed due to the torrential rains lashing the state over the last four days. Normal life has been thrown out of gear and most parts of the city are heavily waterlogged. Schools have been closed and boats have been pressed into service to ferry people from the marooned areas.
Areas like Kankerbagh, Rajendra Nagar, Pataliputra Colony, Patna City and Kadamkuan are under knee-to-waist-deep water. Homes are flooded and drains overflowing.
Patna DM JK Sinha has ordered closure of all schools for three days. The waterlogging has cut supply lines of everything — from vegetables and cooking gas to medicines, creating a shortage. Many people in affected areas complained of telephones going dead and power cuts, leading to a potable water crisis.
Public transport services have been closed. Only rickshaws are coming in handy in ferrying marooned people. The district administration has pressed boats into service. Healthcare services have also been paralysed as doctors have not been able to report to duty.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Amit Kumar, an ambulance driver at the IGIMS, would be the second to be vaccinated.
- Kumar attacked the Opposition led by RJD and suggested that they should look at the crime record when they were in power in Bihar.
- The survivor was gang raped and her eyes were damaged by the accused so that she is not able to identify the culprits
- Nagi-Nakti bird sanctuary has been selected for this event because of its uniqueness. Apart from the dense deciduous forests, moram land and variety of birds and animals, there’s unique rock formation in the area.
- The police searched the truck and were shocked to see that over 500 cartons of branded liquor were being smuggled under the name of mustard oil brands.
- The arrangement has to be done for monitoring purpose at government session sites which are vaccination centres.
- Urvashi was brought to Patna zoo in 2004 from Bokaro. Authorities said she had almost completed her life span and had turned toothless and inactive about two years back.