Man chops off hands of youth accused of raping his 7-month-old daughter

The father of a minor rape victim allegedly chopped off both hands of the 17-year-old accused in Bathinda district on Tuesday.
Parminder (in photo) had allegedly raped the man’s seven-month-old daughter in April 2014.(Sanjeev Kumar/HT Photo)
Parminder (in photo) had allegedly raped the man’s seven-month-old daughter in April 2014.(Sanjeev Kumar/HT Photo)
Updated on Apr 21, 2016 11:43 PM IST
Copy Link
Hindustan Times | By, Bathinda

The father of a minor rape victim allegedly chopped off both hands of the 17-year-old accused in Bathinda district on Tuesday.

Superintendent of police (SP, investigation) Bikramjit Singh said the victim’s father and rape accused Parminder Singh, both residents of Kotli Ablu village, were visiting the Bathinda district courts for the hearing in the case on Tuesday.

Parminder had allegedly raped the man’s seven-month-old daughter in April 2014. After the hearing, the victim’s father reportedly asked Parminder to reach a compromise and accompany him on his motorcycle to the village.

When they reached near Jhumba village, he allegedly tied the teenager to a tree and attacked him with a sharp-edged weapon. Besides inflicting injuries on his head and other parts of his body, the man chopped off both his hands, said police.

Some villagers rushed Parminder to the Bathinda civil hospital, where his condition was stated to be critical. Dr Ajay Gupta, who treated the victim, said both his hands were chopped off and cops brought the limbs later.

A case of attempt to murder has been registered against the victim’s father, who fled after the incident, said police.

Read: Father who chopped off hands of rape accused charged with bid to kill

Read more: Slum kids easy target of sex crimes

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Close Story
QUICKREADS

Less time to read?

Try Quickreads

  • Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal at Thyagraj stadium, in New Delhi.

    Delhi sports facilities timing extended amid anger over officer's exclusive walk

    Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal has directed all sports facilities under his government to remain open for sportspersons till 10pm. The Aam Aadmi Party said on its official Twitter handle that the decision will allow athletes and players to practice till night. The order came after a report by The Indian Express which claimed the athletes and coaches were being forced to wrap the training at Delhi government-run Thyagraj Stadium earlier than the usual time.

  • Uttar Pradesh finance minister Suresh Khanna presents budget in the Assembly on Thursday. 

    Yogi govt 2.0 tables ‘Atmanirbhar UP’ budget: Women safety, startups in focus

    Uttar Pradesh finance minister Suresh Khanna on Friday presented the first budget of the Yogi Adityanath government in its second term in the Legislative Assembly. Read here for live updates of the Budget The FM proposed a provision of 523.34 crore for the implementation of the scheme in Lucknow, Gautam Budh Nagar, Agra, Varanasi, Gorakhpur and Prayagraj for the safety of women under the Safe City scheme.

  • Jharkhand Congress working president Bandhu Tirkey was convicted for disproportionate assets in March this year, leading to his disqualification from the state assembly (HT File Photo)

    CBI raids Jharkhand Cong working president Bandhu Tirkey in court-ordered probe

    The Central Bureau of Investigation is conducting raids at residences of former Jharkhand sports minister Bandhu Tirkey in connection with financial irregularities in conducting the 34th National Games in 2011, people aware of the development said. Tirkey, who joined the Congress in 2020 and was appointed as working president of Jharkhand Congress last year, is in national capital Delhi for party meetings, an aide in his office said.

  • Maharahtra transport minister Anil Parab was accused to have been the beneficiary of bribes collected by senior Mumbai police officers over their transfer order issued by former Mumbai police commissioner Param Bir Singh (HT File Photo)

    ED conducts searches at premises linked to Shiv Sena minister Anil Parab

    The Enforcement Directorate on Thursday conducted searches at about seven places in Mumbai, Pune and Ratnagiri district's Dapoli linked to a close confidant of chief minister Uddhav Thackeray, Maharashtra transport minister Anil Parab. Parab was under ED scanner ever since dismissed Mumbai police officer Sachin Vaze, the prime accused in Antilia explosives scare and Mansukh Hiran murder case, alleged that Anil Parab was among the recipients of bribes.

  • Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. (HT PHOTO)

    BJP to attend Nitish Kumar’s all-party meet on caste census

    The Bharatiya Janata Party will attend an all-party meeting Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar has convened on June 1 to discuss the modalities for a state-level caste census even as it has faced criticism from its ruling National Democratic Alliance allies for trying to stall the exercise. On May 10, Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Tejashwi Yadav threatened to hold a foot march from Patna to Delhi in case the census is not conducted.

SHARE
Story Saved
×
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Thursday, May 26, 2022