New Delhi -°C
Today in New Delhi, India

Sep 23, 2020-Wednesday
-°C

Humidity
-

Wind
-

Select Country
Select city
ADVERTISEMENT
Home / Punjab / Two sisters die after consuming homemade cheese at Machhiwara

Two sisters die after consuming homemade cheese at Machhiwara

Two sisters died under mysterious circumstances at Bhorla Bet village of Machhiwara on Monday. The police suspected that the cottage cheese the deceased had consumed during lunch was poisonous.

punjab Updated: Apr 07, 2015 13:59 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times

Two sisters died under mysterious circumstances at Bhorla Bet village of Machhiwara on Monday. The police suspected that the cottage cheese the deceased had consumed during lunch was poisonous.

The deceased have been identified as Amanpreet Kaur, 20, and Simarpreet Kaur, 18, and both were students of Class 12.

The family members said, “In lunch, both the girls ate cottage cheese that they had prepared at home, while other members of the family had pulses.”

After sometime of consuming it, their condition started deteriorating. Following this, the family members rushed them to a local doctor, who administered some medicine to them, but it was of no help.

So, family members rushed them to Machhiwara civil hospital, where Amanpreet Kaur was declared brought dead. Sensing condition of Simarpreet Kaur, doctors referred her to a private hospital in Ludhiana, and she died while undergoing treatment at the private hospital.

The police suspected that either the milk from which they had prepared cottage cheese was spurious, or some poisonous reptile or insect had fallen in the cheese during its preparation.

Sub-inspector Darshan Singh said, “The police took the dead bodies to civil hospital for postmortem. We can get a clue from the autopsy report of the girls. The police also sent the cottage cheese samples for chemical examination.”

ht epaper

Sign In to continue reading