I prefer quality over quantity: Ravi Jadhav
Director Ravi Jadhav studied at Sir JJ School of Art, Mumbai, and then went on to make ad films. The Timepass 2 (2015) director believes that these two important aspects in his life have shaped the professional in him. Last year, his film Nude went on to win accolades for its realistic approach and portrayal, and this year, his film Rampaat is gaining appreciation for being a fun ride, and a crazy filmi story.
Ravi believes that while most work really hard to create an image for themselves by making similar genre films, he on the other hand, works hard to break away from his previous images. He says, “I enjoy contrast cinema. Nude belonged to a different world and was slow in pace as well as soothing. Rampaat, on the other hand, is fast and on another pace altogether.”
He adds that he enjoys doing a mix of cinema through the year because at the end of it all, cinema is his hobby and passion. “I am okay with making just one film a year, as I prefer quality over quantity. Film-making is a creative field, and you cannot keep churning ideas out constantly. You have to give it time and treat it with immense love,” he explains.
Ravi shares that his art school training and upbringing as an artist is what helped him make a film like Nude. And, his passion for ad film making gets him excited about something like Rampaat. He says, “I’m not dependent on the film industry, it is a hobby for me. So, I want to enjoy the process instead of just treating it as work.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Prakash Raj is the latest addition to the cast of Mani Ratnam's ambitious period drama Ponniyin Selvan. The two first worked together in Iruvar in 1997.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Kavita Kaushik took a dig at Rubina Dilaik while saying that she deserves to win the Bigg Boss 14 trophy. Earlier, Kavita walked out of the show after a nasty fight with Rubina.
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a review of Tandav, which said that Dimple Kapadia 'upstaged' her co-star Saif Ali Khan. While Twinkle praised Saif's performance as well, she said that 'mama bear is still the best'.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- Sidharth Shukla watched the first three episodes of Tandav and praised the show. He also gave a shout-out to Gauahar Khan and said that he loved her performance.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
- Taimur Ali Khan was fascinated by a cow outside his Fortune Heights residence. He folded his hands and enjoyed its owner playing film songs on his wind instrument.