Kamal Haasan says Rajinikanth ‘natural ally’ of saffron party, discusses his political roadmap
Even as the two doyens of Tamil cinema, Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth, have made their intention to eventually join politics clear, their roadmaps cannot be more different. On Monday, Haasan again spoke about his plan to launch his party while reiterating “saffron is not my colour. Talking to news channels, the actor said his friend and contemporary Rajinikanth is a “more suitable ally” for the BJP due to his “religious beliefs”.
Haasan said he has already discussed his political plans with the Kabali star. “I speak to Rajini regularly, he is a friend. I informed him when I decided to join politics. Although there are no plans right now, I am open to working with him. He seems like a more suitable ally for the saffron party because of his religious beliefs, while I am a rationalist,” he said.
He also used a film metaphor while discussing when he will enter politics. “There’s lots of work to be done. A roadmap is not easy for a rookie like me, I am unwilling to commit to any date,” he said, adding, “It is juvenile to talk of an end-game. One cannot say it will be a silver jubilee even before the film is made.”
Speaking about his meetings with various political leaders, including Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, Kamal said he has been on a “learning curve”.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- The Amazon Prime Video web series Tandav has been at the centre of a controversy after it was alleged that certain scenes are offensive to certain communities. Here's everything you need to know about what happened.
- Tandav creator Ali Abbas Zafar has issued an apology on behalf of the cast and crew of the Amazon web series, after an FIR was lodged against several people involved in the show for hurting religious sentiments.
- Vikas Gupta took to Twitter to share 'proof' of Aly Goni's homophobia, which Jasmin Bhasin didn't take quietly.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.