Mauresmo determined to come back to top-10
Former world No 1 Amelie Mauresmo is determined to halt her slide out of the top 10, highlighted by her third-round loss in Australian Open.sports Updated: Jan 25, 2009 13:22 IST
Former world No 1 Amelie Mauresmo is determined to halt her slide out of the top 10, highlighted by her third-round loss in Australian Open.
The 2006 Australian Open and Wimbledon champion last year slid out of the top-20 for the first time in 10 years and she will leave Melbourne in a few days to plot a revival.
The 29-year-old Frenchwoman bowed out to rising teenager Victoria Azarenka of Belarus. She was hampered by thigh and rib injuries last year as she fought to regain form.
Mauresmo said she would return to her home in Geneva to review her campaign.
"I will go back and see a little bit what happened during these two, three weeks," Mauresmo said.
"Even though it's now quite disappointing I think my level of play is coming back, it's slowly getting there.