New Delhi -°C
Today in New Delhi, India

Nov 28, 2020-Saturday
-°C

Humidity
-

Wind
-

Select Country
Select city
ADVERTISEMENT
Home / Tennis / Waif-like ex-champ Bartoli pulled from Wimbledon over health fears: Report

Waif-like ex-champ Bartoli pulled from Wimbledon over health fears: Report

Former Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli was pulled from an exhibition tournament at the All England Club because of fears over her health, it was reported on Wednesday.

tennis Updated: Jul 06, 2016, 23:47 IST
AFP
AFP
Marion Bartoli when she won Wimbledon in 2013, left, and as a commentator this year, right.
Marion Bartoli when she won Wimbledon in 2013, left, and as a commentator this year, right.(Photo: Agencies/Twitter)

Former Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli was pulled from an exhibition tournament at the All England Club because of fears over her health, it was reported on Wednesday.

The 2013 singles champion from France has shocked fans in recent months with her dramatic weight loss.

Both the Times and Daily Mail said the 31-year-old claimed she was dropped from the women’s invitational doubles due to “medical reasons”.

Other media reported she was “furious” with the decision.

Bartoli had been due to play alongside Britain’s Anne Keothavong, but she was replaced by Melanie South.

Last month, the former world number seven told the Times that she had lost 20 kilograms as a result of “exercises, yoga, pilates and dance”.

“I don’t eat gluten, sugar, salt and I no longer consume dairy products,” she explained.

“I eat bio produce, raw and steam vegetables, salads, cucumbers.”

ht epaper

Sign In to continue reading