Ian Watmore has stepped down as chairman of the England and Wales Cricket Board after serving barely a year in the role.
Published on Oct 07, 2021 07:14 PM IST
The tour is in doubt because of restrictions in place in Australia due to the pandemic.
Published on Oct 04, 2021 03:25 PM IST
PTI | , London
New Zealand returned home from Pakistan after abruptly abandoning their tour minutes before the opening fixture in Rawalpindi, citing a security alert from their government.
Published on Sep 25, 2021 01:12 PM IST
New Zealand Cricket said a threatening email had been sent to the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
Published on Sep 21, 2021 07:47 AM IST
Former captain Sunil Gavaskar has urged people to find the truth before criticising the Indian team.
Published on Sep 12, 2021 07:18 AM IST
- The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) in all likelihood would be writing to the ICC's Dispute Resolution Committee (DRC) for deciding the fate of the fifth Test against India at Old Trafford.
Published on Sep 11, 2021 11:50 PM IST
PTI | , New Delhi
- ECB CEO said it was the ‘perception’ among Indian players of what might happen if the Test match went ahead as per schedule that led to the cancellation of the India-England 5th Test.
Updated on Sep 10, 2021 08:31 PM IST
The ECB initially said in its statement that India had forfeited the match, but later took the word down and modified the sentence.
Updated on Sep 10, 2021 02:52 PM IST
England face mass withdrawal before Ashes owing to Australia's hard quarantine rules
Published on Aug 28, 2021 03:13 PM IST
PTI | , Sydney
- When asked to explain ECB’s role further in speeding up the process of cricket's inclusion in the Olympics, Tom Harrison said it is a big opportunity for cricket’s growth.
Published on Aug 13, 2021 03:55 PM IST
By Aritra Mukherjee
Archer will miss the ongoing home Test series against India, the Twenty20 World Cup and the Ashes in Australia, the England and Wales Cricket Board said in a statement.
Updated on Aug 05, 2021 05:58 PM IST
AP | , London
Ben Stokes has withdrawn from the upcoming 5-match Test series against India which begins from August 4 in Nottingham as he has decided to 'prioritise his mental wellbeing'.
Updated on Jul 30, 2021 10:37 PM IST
At a time when cricket ought to have been simplifying itself to find more global appeal, The Hundred is further messing with minds.
Published on Jul 27, 2021 09:07 PM IST
By Somshuvra Laha, Kolkata
- ECB decided to do away with stringent bio-bubble protocols for the upcoming India-England Test series and former India cricketer Aakash Chopra remarked that if something goes wrong, it could have major repercussions on the series.
Updated on Jul 18, 2021 01:54 PM IST
- PCB reacted to the virus outbreak in the England camp just a couple of days before their limited overs series against Pakistan. ECB announced that the ODIs will go an as per schedule.
Published on Jul 06, 2021 05:01 PM IST
- Covid-19 rocks England camp: ECB, however, confirmed that the ODI and T20I series against Pakistan will go on as per schedule. The first England vs Pakistan ODI is slated to be played at Cardiff on July 8.
Updated on Jul 06, 2021 02:35 PM IST
- Robinson, who made an impressive debut in the first Test against New Zealand last month, found himself in hot soup after his ‘discriminatory’ tweets from 2013-14 resurfaced on social media, prompting ECB to launch an investigation.
Published on Jul 03, 2021 04:02 PM IST
- The Hundred: Northern Superchargers selected Durham allrounder Ben Raine as the first pick. Oval Invincibles chose to snap up Kent youngster Jordan Cox next, with seamer Sam Cook being selected third by Trent Rockets.
Published on Jul 03, 2021 11:23 AM IST
Buttler sustained the injury during the first T20I against Sri Lanka on Wednesday at Sophia Gardens.
Published on Jun 25, 2021 08:08 PM IST
- The BCCI will be writing to the England and Wales Cricket Board, requesting them to arrange a couple of warm-up matches for the Indian cricket team before the start of the five-Test series against England from August 4.
Published on Jun 25, 2021 08:29 AM IST
Sophia Dunkley is included and could make her ODI debut when the series gets underway at Bristol on Sunday. Freya Davies and Sarah Glenn, who returned to their regional teams during the Test match, are back in the squad.
Published on Jun 23, 2021 12:23 PM IST
ANI | , London
Fast bowler Robinson's tweets from 2012-13 came to light while he was making his England debut during the drawn first Test against New Zealand at Lord's last week, the development creating a furore and reigniting the debate on racism in the sport.
Published on Jun 12, 2021 05:19 PM IST
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has made it clear they have a zero tolerance policy for any sort of discrimination.
Published on Jun 09, 2021 03:33 PM IST
- The England and Wales Cricket Board has vowed to take "relevant and appropriate action" after questions were raised publicly about historical tweets from several England players.
Updated on Jun 09, 2021 01:24 PM IST
Reuters | , London
- The ECB should not "come down too hard" on Ollie Robinson for old racist and sexist comments he made on Twitter if the fast bowler has since changed his behaviour, Michael Holding said.
Published on Jun 09, 2021 11:47 AM IST
- Old tweets from England's Eoin Morgan and Jos Buttler have come to light which seem to be written in a way which mocks the English language used by fans.
Updated on Jun 09, 2021 12:56 PM IST
PTI | , London
- Former India cricketer Aakash Chopra shared his thoughts on England pacer Ollie Robinson's suspension following the disclosure of his racist and sexist tweets.
Updated on Jun 08, 2021 12:46 PM IST
A place on the squad came free after Ollie Robinson was suspended from all international cricket by the ECB following the emergence of racist and sexist comments he posted on Twitter nine years ago.
Updated on Jun 07, 2021 05:55 PM IST
- BCCI is looking at a September end-early October window, it gives birth to another question: Will we see the English players participate in it?
Updated on May 28, 2021 08:25 AM IST
- As per reports, the ECB did not entertain the BCCI’s request to change the schedule of the five-Test series between India and England.
Updated on May 28, 2021 09:47 AM IST