By Gaurav Bisht | Hindustan Times/Shimla, Shimla
UPDATED ON SEP 14, 2020 11:56 PM IST
Only 33% of the revenue receipts came from the state’s own resources comprising taxes and non-taxes; central transfers brought in the remaining 67%; state improves vis-a-vis share of capital expenditure to total expenditure
By HT Correspondent | Hindustan Times, Shimla, Shimla
PUBLISHED ON MAR 06, 2020 10:39 PM IST
With 25 new schemes, the budget estimate is around 11% higher than what was for the 2019-20 fiscal.
By HT Correspondent | Hindustan Times, Rajasthan
PUBLISHED ON FEB 21, 2020 01:33 AM IST
Gehlot said the government was dedicated to promoting a nirogi Rajasthan (healthy Rajasthan); farmers’ prosperity; the welfare of women, children and elderly; workers, students and youth; promoting education; improving availability of water and electricity and ensuring better roads; and improving skills.
By Srinivasa Rao Apparasu | Hindustan Times, Hyderabad
UPDATED ON SEP 09, 2019 09:12 PM IST
The Telangana Rashtra Samithi returned to power for a second successive term in December 2018, but the chief minister presented only a vote-on-account budget in February this year on the ground that there was no clarity on devolution of funds from the Centre in view of the Lok Sabha elections.
By Saurabh Chauhan | Hindustan Times, Lucknow, Lucknow
PUBLISHED ON JUL 08, 2019 03:37 PM IST
The fund flow is to be increased since the centre has increased the gender budget from R1.25lakh cr to R1.37lakh cr.
By Eeshanpriya M S | Hindustan Times, Mumbai
UPDATED ON FEB 06, 2019 08:24 AM IST
The BMC plans cost-cutting measures after Monday’s budget allocated Rs 1,200 crore towards 7th pay commission implementation.
PUBLISHED ON OCT 26, 2018 01:44 PM IST
Taking strong exception to the failure of 32 major departments in utilising a large chunk of funds in the first six months of the current financial year, chief minister Yogi Adityanath asked senior officers to expedite financial sanctions to step up the pace of development work, ahead of 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
PUBLISHED ON OCT 25, 2018 03:14 PM IST
A mid-term review has revealed that at least 32 state government departments have failed to use a major chunk of budgetary funds allocated to them to step up development works ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
Devendra Fadnavis asks for Rs 81,000 crore even as finance commission says Maharashtra not spending enough on development
By Faisal Malik | Hindustan Times, Mumbai
UPDATED ON SEP 20, 2018 09:30 AM IST
The commission pointed out the growth rate of state’s revenue had fallen to 11.05% in 2014-17 from 17.69% from 2009-13
By HT Correspondent | Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON SEP 12, 2018 12:09 AM IST
As reported by Hindustan Times on September 10, the army is likely to cut over 1.5 lakh troops over the next four to five years under the overarching cadre review exercise.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 08, 2018 06:20 PM IST
A major challenge of mobilising additional funds for major development works, and managing finances vis-à-vis the rising expenditure, stares the Yogi Adityanath government in the face ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.