7 breathtaking destinations in India to visit, especially during the monsoons
Pack your bags. It’s the monsoons, and now is your chance to head to these incredible, scenic locations that will light up, thanks to the ample tropical showers.travel Updated: Jul 25, 2017 16:56 IST
Travellers prefer travelling in a particular season of their choice. As the monsoon winds gears up to bring an amazing season of the year, Varun Gupta, CEO - Goomo.com lists top seven destinations that one can visit this monsoon. Here are some of the picturesque destinations:
1) Ladakh: The cold desert of India is a must visit place in summers and monsoons as the roads are clear for travel in these seasons unlike in winters. The place mesmerizes you by its numerous mountain passes, sparkling lakes with crystal clear water surrounded by snow covered mighty mountains.
2) Darjeeling: The lure of the misty Darjeeling Mountains look magnificent during rains. The Darjeeling roads surrounded by tea gardens provides once in a lifetime experience. If you are going on a family trip nothing can be better than booking a family home stay at a tea estate.The emerald green expanses, the rising mist and walking through the clouds experience, have the power to rejuvenate your soul.
3) Gangtok: The capital of Sikkim, brother of seven sisters’ state of India is situated in the valley of Great Himalayas. Gangtok in Kangchenjunga is famous for tourist destinations such as Enchey Monastery, Tsomgo Lake, Ridge and Nathula Pass. Due to Shivalik Hills, Gangtok enjoys a gentle, mild climate and receive heavy rainfalls with strong winds during the months of June to August and hence, is a preferred place for adventure lovers. The best way to reach Gangtok is using airways.
4) Munnar: It is a part of Kerala’s paradise of God’s own country. With silvery mist, incredibly vast tea gardens, green hills and pleasant climate, this hill station is truly one of the favourite tourist spots in India during monsoons. You can also spot wildlife at Anamudi, the highest peak in the Western Ghats and enjoy some nature walks at beautiful lakes and waterfalls in Devikulam and Attukal.
5) Goa: One of the top rated places in India for monsoons, Goa hosts travelers from all around the world. You can go trekking or hiking at Dudhsagar waterfalls, visit Aguada fort for a scintillating view, local themed Cruises amid the sea, bordered by the most happening beaches of India. You can feel rich as a gambler at the Casino and get the thrilling experience of water sports at Baga beach. The land of beaches is surely worth your visit during this monsoon where you can enjoy sand, drizzle and picturesque sceneries along with delicious food of Goa and coastal delicacies.
6) Kovalam: A treat to eyes in monsoons, Kovalam is located in the capital city of Trivandrum. Kovalam is famous for Ayurvedic massages and treatments. If you just want to relax and submerge into your inner self this monsoons then Kovalam is the place. Kovalam is blessed to have the roaring sea atop from the candy coloured light houses and long extended beautiful beaches separated by rocky hills.
7) Coorg: The pleasant hill station in Karnataka is perfect for couples and even serves as a honeymoon destination with the romantic surroundings. Coorg has a fascinating view of beautiful hills, waterfalls and coffee plants.There are other places in Karnataka as well that one should visit during the Monsoon season like Mullangiri, Ayyanakere, Gokarna and Bandipur National Park. Coorg is one of the wettest places in India and the astounding Jog falls makes the place even more amazing.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more.