Anurag Kashyap shares his list of 10 Hindi movies that made him jealous in 2018
“My list is not a ‘best of’ list.It ’s a jealous filmmaker list and it’s because there is something in them ,or them as a whole that makes me rethink , gives me courage , has overwhelmed me and at made me ask myself, ‘why didn’t I see it that way,’” he wrote in a tweet, pointing out the films are in no particular order. Check out the movies he listed and their trailers:
Mard ko Dard Nahin Hota
The year spelled great business for smaller films while the Khans failed to deliver. Aamir Khan’s Thugs of Hindostan and Shah Rukh Khan’s Zero bombed at the box office while Salman Khan’s Race 3 was heavily panned by the critics. Meanwhile, mid-budget films like Andhadhun, Badhaai Ho, Stree, Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety and Raazi did stellar business.
Even Anurag had two releases this year, Manmarziyaan starring Taapsee Pannu, Vicky Kaushal and Abhishek Bachchan and Mukkabaaz starring Vineet Singh. Both the films were critically acclaimed. Anurag also co-directed India’s first Netflix original Sacred Games, which was a massive hit. He is now gearing up for the release of Sacred Games season 2 with Saif Ali Khan.
Also watch: From Karwaan to Kaalakaandi, the 5 most underrated Hindi films of 2018
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
- Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.
- Rakhi Sawant's ailing mother has said that she is disappointed that Rakhi didn't win Bigg Boss 14, but would like to see her and her husband, Ritesh, participate in the next season of the show.
- Aly Goni took a video of Jasmin Bhasin doing her make-up for his birthday party on Thursday night. She responded by dropping heart-eyes emojis in the comments section.
- Nikki Tamboli opened up about steam-ironing her ex-boyfriend's boxers in Bigg Boss 14 and said that it was not an attempt to grab eyeballs. She added that she was 'genuinely' missing him.