My years of silence were to protect one person, says Anurag Kashyap
Bahl has been accused of sexual harassment by an employee of the now-dissolved Phantom Films, the company that was founded by Kashyap, Bahl, Vikramaditya Motwane and Madhu Mantena.
Kashyap and director Motwane have been under fire for the alleged inaction in the sexual harassment allegations against Bahl. Both Kashyap and Motwane have denied the charge.
Kashyap, in an interview to PTI, said there is a need to understand and grow up to the movement, which has taken the industry by storm.
What would you like to say in general about the movement?
I cannot talk much. Because at this moment whatever I say may be misconstrued or can be taken in any which way and can be used here (in this case). All these years of my silence (was) to protect one person, the victim. I will take the consequences and I have been taking the consequences. I will take the consequences and I have voluntarily taken consequences and stepped back from the work. I will not explain my actions. My priority is something else.
What is your priority? Is it justice for the victim?
The priority is victim's peace.
Tanushree Dutta and Vinta Nanda are the only ones who have taken legal action but not many women have followed a similar route. Your comment?
We are still growing up to it, we are still understanding it. Years of anger will come out and then people will come to know what is the right way. We all will take time to understand. I don't want to say anything further till my non-complicity is proven, I am not qualified to comment on it.
The woman, who accused Bahl of sexual misconduct, filed an affidavit Thursday stating that she stands by her allegations but does not want to pursue the case further.
She had initially expressed her reluctance to file an affidavit and had only submitted a statement. Bahl is seeking court direction to Kashyap, Motwane and Mantena to refrain from speaking to the media or posting on social media about the case. He is also seeking damages of Rs 10 crore in a defamation case against Kashyap and Motwane.
Kashyap and Motwane had earlier filed affidavits, stating that Bahl had confessed to the incident and had also said that he has done so to many women.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- John Abraham posed for a slightly different picture on Tuesday. He was seen posing with nothing but a pillow as he waited for his clothes on film sets.
- Anushka Sharma gave fans a look at the view of the sea from her Mumbai home. Anushka has been enjoying life as a new mother since welcoming daughter Vamika in January.
- Bipasha Basu has shared Bipapictures of herself and a funny video of her husband Karan Singh Grover from their Maldives vacation. Check them out here.
- Happy birthday Tiger Shroff: If you thought the Baaghi's star's features were hard to define and did not fit into the more desi definition of good looks, then you must read about his family background.
- Deepika Padukone, in her new Instagram post, talked about her daily routine. She also revealed whether she '(plans) a lot'. Watch the video here.
- Arshi Khan has said that Salman Khan introduced her to Iulia Vantur at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party, and said that he wants her to learn Urdu.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, talked about going through depression but not opening up about it. She said that she did not have anyone to support her except her family and some fans.
- Bhumi Pednekar shared a number of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the making of Sonchiriya as the film completed two years of its release. She included a special dedication for Sushant Singh Rajput.
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.