BBC pulls down new Agatha Christie drama starring rape accused Ed Westwick
Gossip Girl star Ed Westwick’s upcoming show on BBC has been shelved until the ‘matter are resolved’.Updated: Nov 10, 2017 20:47 IST
The BBC says it is pulling a new Agatha Christie adaptation from its television schedule because of sexual assault allegations against actor Ed Westwick.
Westwick appears in mystery thriller Ordeal by Innocence, which had been due to run over the Christmas period.
The BBC said Friday that “these are serious allegations which Ed Westwick has strenuously denied. The BBC is not making any judgment but until these matters are resolved we will not include Ordeal by Innocence in the schedules.”
The broadcaster said Westwick has also paused filming on the 1980s-set sitcom White Gold.
Police in Los Angeles said Thursday they are investigating a sexual assault report filed against former Gossip Girl star Westwick.
In a Facebook post on Monday, actor Kristina Cohen said that Westwick sexually assaulted her three years ago. Westwick has denied the allegation. A second actress, Aurelie Wynn, also accused Westwick of sexually assaulting her in a Facebook post on Thursday.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
First Published: Nov 10, 2017 20:47 IST