Bigg Boss 11: When Salman Khan danced for Rs 75 and other crazy things he said at the launch
Salman Khan was at the launch of Bigg Boss 11 when he said some really hilarious things.tv Updated: Sep 27, 2017 19:31 IST
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, who is returning as the host of upcoming Bigg Boss 11, has said he once danced for the princely sum of Rs 75! Salman, who occupied the second spot on Forbes list of the ‘Highest Paid Actors in Bollywood’ for the year 2017, claimed he once danced at Taj Hotel, Mumbai, for Rs 75. While rumours said he was being paid Rs 11 crore per episode of the show, Salman laughed off the claim.
Known for his witty and quirky remarks, Salman made sure to keep everyone entertained throughout the launch. Here are some interesting things the actor said:
1. “My first salary was, I think, about Rs 75. I was dancing behind in some show in Taj hotel. One of my friends was dancing there so he took me (and I did it) just for fun. Then it went up to Rs 750 for Campa Cola (a soft drink brand) and then it was Rs 1,500 for the longest time. Then I got paid Rs 31,000 for Maine Pyaar Kiya, which was then increased to Rs 75,000 later,” Salman said in an interview after the event.
2. While discussing about returning to host Bigg Boss again, the 51-year-old quipped that although he was unwilling to continue, the organisers managed to drag him back to the show.
“I have said it every year that I don’t want to do Bigg Boss but Colors can’t have TRPs without me, hence they get me back. Thanks to Colors as I also like hosting Bigg Boss. I started with the fourth or fifth part and now I have come till 11. Let’s see how many years we can drag this show and entertain you all.”
3. When asked about Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar making a comeback on television, Salman said he would be a tough competition for them! “I think Shah Rukh and Akshay are amazing. SRK is a good host. Akshay is also really good. He has got amazing comedy timing, he is witty. On the other hand Shah Rukh has a great personality, charisma, swag, so I think it’s going to be a tough competition for them (laughs),” said the actor.
4. When asked who in the entertainment industry he would like to have as neighbours, Salman said, “I am happy with Waheeda aunty being my neighbour.”
5. The theme of the upcoming season will revolve around neighbours. “We all have neighbours of every kind and every hue. Some of us have wonderful memories of them and some of us may not have so good ones,” Salman said in a statement.
“Bigg Boss is one show that the country awaits with bated breath along with my movies and like every year, I’m thrilled to welcome the new contestants into the Bigg Boss house. The theme of Padosis and Gharwale is very refreshing and we have a full entertainment package coming up for the viewers,” he added.
The show will be aired on Colors from Sunday, October 1.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
First Published: Sep 27, 2017 19:30 IST