Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives: Neelam says she heard a rumour about her being gay, reveals her reaction
Neelam Kothari Soni opened up about the most bizarre rumour that she heard about herself -- that she is secretly in the closet. She made the revelation during a promotional interview for Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives and also shared her response to it.
The new reality series, Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives, is an instant success, with viewers hooked on to the voyeuristic peek into the glamorous lives of four Bollywood wives - Neelam (wife of Sameer Soni), Bhavana Pandey (wife of Chunky Panday), Maheep Kapoor (wife of Sanjay Kapoor) and Seema Khan (wife of Sohail Khan). Within hours of its release, it became the top trending show on Netflix India.
In an interview with Mashable India, Neelam talked about the most outlandish rumour she heard about herself. “I was actually gay (laughs). When I heard about this, I was like, ‘Okay, I guess this is how rumours start, out of nowhere.’ This came back to me. It wasn’t written about but it was just via someone that I got to hear about it,” she said.
Neelam, who was a successful actor in the ’80s and ’90s, discussed the possibility of making a comeback to acting. While her friends encouraged her to go for it, she was plagued by doubt, wondering if she even knew how to act anymore. She also sought advice from her close friend, Ekta Kapoor, about a possible return.
Earlier this week, Neelam, Bhavana, Maheep and Seema came together for a special video, thanking the audience for their overwhelming response to Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives. In the clip, they said, “Thank you for watching us, thank you for loving us, thank you for laughing with us and thank you for not ignoring us. We love you! Keep watching again and again and again. Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives, only on Netflix.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mohit Malik and Addite Malik had their baby shower Wednesday and the TV couple was seen in traditional Maharashtrian attire for the bash.
- Nakuul Mehta and Jankee Parekh welcomed their son earlier this month. The latter took to Instagram and shared her experience of embracing motherhood.
- Vindu Dara Singh wrote a tender note on Rakhi Sawant's mother as the elderly lady gets treated for cancer.
- As Aly Goni celebrated his 30th birthday, his girlfriend Jasmin Bhasin took to Instagram and penned a sweet note for the Bigg Boss 14 finalist.
- Sidharth Shukla lashed out at a troll targeting him. The Bigg Boss 13 winner also gave a befitting reply to a troll commenting on his friendship with Shehnaaz Gill.
- Sunayana Fozdar, the new Anjali on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, has said she has played the character for just five months and have so much to give to the role.
- Weeks after calling her an "ugly mouth woman" on Bigg Boss 14, season winner Rubina Dilaik has now said she finds Jasmin Bhasin to be a beautiful lady.
- Bigg Boss 14 runners up Rahul Vaidya and his girlfriend, actor Disha Parmar were seen outside a restaurant in Mumbai. The two are likely to marry in June this year.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.