Javed Akhtar does a Dadamoni
Scriptwriter-lyricist Javed Akhtar is back on the small screen, doing what Ashok Kumar did two decades ago on Hum Log. He’s turned sutradhar (narrator) for the Star Plus show Chand Chupa Badal Mein that replaces Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai in the 8 pm slot.
Akhtar confirms the news and says that he was drawn to the show because of its old-world romance: “There are too many aggressive and negative family dramas on TV these days. But Rajan’s (producer Rajan Shahi) show is a beautiful love story and I’m thrilled to be a part of it.”
Was he inspired by Dadamoni on Hum Log? Akhtar laughs, “Not really but I’m sure everyone will remember Dadamoni when they watch my show because it’s an old world family drama too, with an interesting style of narration.” Akhtar will appear at the end of every episode and sum up the story with poetry and romantic thoughts penned by him. He will also be introducing the characters.
Shahi reasons that Akhtar is an eminent poet and writer, with class and credibility. “He symbolises romance like no one else does,” he adds.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.