KBC 11 finale hosts Sudha Murty: Here’s the Rs 50 lakh question that made her quit
Actor Amitabh Bachchan was elated to host Infosys Foundation Chairperson Sudha Murty on the final episode of his hit show Kaun Banega Crorepati’s season 11. KBC 11 has featured achievers from all walks of life as contestants. Sudha was the latest to join the show.
After winning Rs 25 lakh, Sudha could not answer the question for Rs 50 lakh. The question involved Amitabh’s wife and Bollywood actor Jaya Bachchan. The question that made her quit the show was: “Which female actor received the Filmfare Award for best actor for two consecutive years?” The options included Sharmila Tagore, Kangana Ranaut, Kajol and Jaya Bachchan. Sudha decided to quit and took a ‘wild guess’ later and picked Kajol’s name while the right answer was Jaya.
Amitabh was quite disappointed with Sudha’s answer and he said, “Ghar ja ke mujhe bahut maar padne wali hai. (I am going to get a beating when I reach home).”
In the finale episode, Murthy went down the memory lane and recalled how she had landed her first job in Telco, the organisation which did not hire female employees at that time. “It was March 1974, I was in my MTech final year when I came across a notice which stated - Telco requires bright, young engineers at a salary of Rs 1,500. This was big money at that time. But that notice followed with a line that said lady students need not apply. I was agitated! I took a postcard… addressed it to Mr. JRD Tata, TELCO, Mumbai and mailed it,” Murty recalled, on the quiz show. After writing a letter to JRD Tata asking for women engineers to be accepted in Telco, Murty was summoned for a job interview in Pune. That’s how she became the first woman engineer to work in TELCO.
Show host Amitabh was motivated listening to her story and even took her autograph and touched her feet. The final episode of Kaun Banega Crorepati aired on November 29, Friday.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
- After Instagram account Diet Sabya pointed out the similarities between Arshi Khan's look at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and Lady Gaga's look at the MTV VMAs 2020, fans responded.
- Devoleena Bhattarcharjee, who did a brief stint on Bigg Boss 14 filling in for Eijaz Khan, has rubbished rumours that she was getting married in 2021.
- Aly Goni shared a happy picture with Jasmin Bhasin, his first after Bigg Boss 14 ended. The two fell in love on the popular reality show.
- Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla were on the verge of separation, but they rebuilt their relationship on Bigg Boss 14. Here's how.
- Rakhi Sawant's first post after Bigg Boss 14 has left her friends and followers in awe of her resilience. Rakhi recently shared a picture of her mother in hospital, where she is undergoing cancer treatment.
- A video of comedian Kapil Sharma lashing out at the paparazzi earlier this week has divided Twitter. While his fans wished him well, others were 'perturbed' by his behaviour.
- Sidharth Shukla fans were in for a treat when he posted a short video of himself taking a dip in a swimming pool. Check out his post here.
- Asim Riaz on Tuesday proudly posted a picture of his girlfriend Himanshi Khurana's Times Square billboard. Here's how she reacted.
- Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya said that his proposal to Disha Parmar on the show was not a publicity gimmick. He said that he could not fake 'special emotions' to garner votes.