Amitabh Bachchan congratulates Usha Jadhav for Best Actor Award at IFFI: ‘An honour to have worked with you in Bhootnath Returns’
Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan has congratulated his former co-star Usha Jadhav who bagged the Silver Peacock Award for Best Female Actor at the 2019 International Film Festival of India for her film Mai Ghat: Crime No 103/2005.
Big B took to his Twitter to pen a heart-warming message for the actor who had worked with him in his 2014 release Bhoothnath Returns. “T 3566 - CONGRATULATIONS .. !!, Usha Jadhav for winning Best Actor Award at the IFFI, just concluded in GOA .. @ushajadhav Proud of you .. and an honour to have worked with you in Bhootnath Returns.
‘A proud moment for her parents .. Parents be the blessings eternal,’ added the veteran actor alongside a few snaps, featuring the actor receiving the award and posing with her parents.
The festival which commenced on November 20 was inaugurated by Bachchan and south superstar Rajinikanth along with Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar and Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant.
Hosted by filmmaker Karan Johar, the opening day ceremony honoured Amitabh and Rajinikanth with ‘Icon of Golden Jubilee Award’ and French actor Isabelle Huppert was presented with the Lifetime Achievement award for a ‘foreign artiste’.
IFFI 2019 showcased over 200 films from 76 countries, which includes 26 feature films and 15 non-feature films in the Indian panorama section. John Bailey, cinematographer and former President of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences will head the International Jury of IFFI.
The golden jubilee edition of the festival which concluded on Thursday bestowed Blaise Harrison’s ‘Particles’ with the coveted Golden Peacock Award for Best Male Actor.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sunny Leone, in a new video shared on Instagram, gave a glimpse into her journey from being boycotted at awards shows and facing criticism to professional success and personal happiness.
- Madhuri Dixit took to social media to wish her son Ryan as he turned 16. She also posted pictures of other family members on the occasion.
- Ananya Panday took to social media to share pictures of her grandmothers and celebrated them on the occasion of International Women's Day.
- Amitabh Bachchan took to social media to wish all his fans on International Women's Day. He also said everyday was Women's Day, in his eyes.
Women’s Day Special | Ekta Kapoor, Guneet Monga and Tahira Kashyap Khurrana: We just want to create better opportunities for women
Bobby Deol: Have never given importance to awards, my father’s been a legend, didn’t get a single Best Actor award
Anupria Goenka: There are many stereotypes attached to women even today in our workplace, pay disparity being one
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba on Sunday shared a cute and never-seen-before picture of Taimur Ali Khan. See it here.
- Alia Bhatt is already in birthday spirits. She took to Instagram and revealed she has received a bunch of gifts from director Shashank Khaitan.
- Taapsee Pannu was recently in the news for the I-T raids carried out at her property in Mumbai. The actor has now revealed how her family had reacted to the searches.