Namik Paul’s Kavach copies The Ring scene, actor ‘begs’ with ghost who talks only in Marathi: report
Kavach: Mahashivratri, the Hindi-language supernatural show, reportedly stooped to a new low as it aired scenes lifted from iconic horror franchise, The Ring, in episodes aired over the weekend.
According to a Bollywoodlife report, a recent episode of the show aired an exact lift from the popular film franchise, The Ring. The protagonist is stuck in his office and he can see the ghost through his screen, only this time it is his laptop screen, the report added.
The tabloid added that the ghost here was an exact replica of the girl from The Ring. The only Indian element the makers could think of, was her long tresses, done via poor-quality CGI. The report also said that the victim, Namik Paul aka Angad, begs for mercy from the witch and says, “I beg you, please.” That, when the ghost has been talking in Marathi all the while.
Kavach Mahashivratri is the second season of Kavach, a supernatural horror drama series, that was initially based on the story of Savitri and Satyavan.
Talking about working in supernatural shows, Namik had earlier said, “I did not want to play the same role, even if I do a romantic show, a lot of times, because of how I am built (read: tall and brooding), I might be cast as the guy who loves the girl and he can’t say it, you know that in itself is a typecast, the silent guy who is angry, sort of like Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. There are so many things to think about and as a character, I think it is so different from both my previous roles and since people are loving the genre, what happens is you look at the story. If you look at it as a supernatural show then yes it gets reductive, but if you see the story, it is quite different and Ekta Kapoor and Balaji know how to get the content. I look at it from my perspective is all I would say.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.