Not planning a family right now: Sharad Malhotra
Sharad Malhotra will turn a year older tomorrow and he just wants to chill at home with family. “I will enjoy my day off and be at home. We will have friends over for a low-key dinner or might step out,” he says.
He shares that there’s an addition to their family with the arrival of a golden retriever pup and Malhotra looks forward to play with him after shoot every day. “We have a new member in the house and he is delightful. White as snow, he is just 45 days old, so taking care of him is a 24x7 job. Listening to our stories about him, people laugh when we tell them about our routine and tell us that maybe we are training for the real baby, a child, I mean. I realise that having a child is a massive responsibility- be it a four-legged or a two-legged baby. We can’t take it casually and it is not easy,” he adds.
Ask him about thoughts on starting a family and he replies, “We are not planning a family right now. Abhi time hai. Whenever it happens, it will. We are still discovering and enjoying each other’s company. As cliché as it may sound, that is the truth. When you have a 12-hour schedule, the plan is to have moments with your partner but it doesn’t happen as often as you would like. We try to have some getaways, drives, dinners and spend time with each other,” says the Kasam Tere Pyaar Ki actor. He is thankful for the time during lockdown with his wife in 2020 and plans to visit his parents more often this year.
Malhotra divulges that TV has always been his “first love”, but the OTT platform too looks exciting. “I am looking forward to a rocking 2021 including some web shows that I am in talks for. Luckily, most of my TV shows have done well. My ongoing show Nagin is talked about and my negative role has been appreciated. I took it up because it was so different from the good boy roles and my positive image, so though I was hesitant, yet I took up the challenge,” he signs off.
Interact with author on Twitter/@iamkav
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.
- Pavitra Punia lashed out at those criticising her relationship with Eijaz Khan and reiterated that they do not need the approval of haters. The couple fell in love during Bigg Boss 14.
- Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.