Prince Charles, Duchess Camilla’s Twitter page disables comment as trolling from The Crown fans gets intense
The official Twitter page for Clarence House has disabled their comments section amid mounting trolling from The Crown fans. The Clarence House page is to help Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla connect with their supporters and fans.
Lately, the page has been getting waves after waves of hate comments and trolling since the premiere of the fourth season of Netflix’s The Crown. The new season, set in the 1980s, showed how Prince Charles cheated on the late Princess Diana with Camilla Parker Bowles and ignored her mental health issues. Now, older, irate fans of Princess Diana and a new, younger batch of millennial fans of the show have come together to attack Charles and Camilla with snarky memes and rude jokes.
Seeing the excessive trolling, the social media team seems to have decided to limit the commenting powers to only those accounts followed by Clarence House. However, this hasn’t stopped people from ‘quote tweeting’ their posts and letting their opinion known. “Your behavior toward Princess Diana is disgusting. You both have Princess Diana’s blood on your hands and are responsible for her demise. Murderers,” read a comment. “Turn on the replies you abusive coward,” read another comment.
Others fans of Charles and Camilla are showing their support regardless. Sharing a video of the Duchess speaking about domestic abuse, one wrote, “Thank you YRH for all the work you have done and continue to do to bring awareness to GBV and domestic abuse.” Another comment read, “I love Camilla. She is an asset to the Royal Family. This domestic violence awareness is a very worthwhile. Hope it gets plenty of exposure.”
The new season of The Crown has been a massive hit, opening a royal can of worms once again.Season four of The Crown delves into the love triangle of Princess Diana (Emma Corrin), Prince Charles (Josh O’Connor), and Camilla Parker Bowles (Emerald Fennell). A fictionalized retelling of lives of British royal family members, the season has also been targeted by many for cherry-picking and mixing fact and fiction.
The season was also Olivia Colman’s final appearance as Queen Elizabeth, who will now pass the baton to Imelda Staunton for season five and six. The new season will feature Elizabeth Debiki as the new Princess Diana.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Eijaz Khan said that he and Pavitra Punia are serious about each other. He added that their families are also involved in their relationship.
- Kiku Sharda has dismissed reports that Krushna Abhishek is upset with him over a joke he made on a recent episode of The Kapil Sharma Show.
- Bigg Boss contestant Rakhi Sawant is really married to a man named Ritesh, her brother Rakesh has said. Ritesh's identity remains a mystery.
- Nikki Tamboli got into a heated fight with Devoleena Bhattacharjee on Bigg Boss 14. Watch the video here.
- Eijaz Khan, one of the top contenders to win Bigg Boss 14, walked out of the show earlier this week due to prior professional commitments. He hinted at his return in a video message.