Sanaya Irani plans to take down Mohit Sehgal
Telly actor Sanaya Irani (above) will soon be back on TV, with a new show, Rangrasiya. Having put her previous flop TV outing Chhanchhan behind her, she says she’s learnt lessons from both success and failure.
Confident of her new show, she is undaunted about competing with boyfriend Mohit Sehgal as his show Qubool Hai will clash with hers in the same time slot.
Is it true that Rangrasiya has been inspired by Shakespeare’s Othello?
It depicts the destructive nature of love. When Ashish (Sharma, co-star) was briefed about his character, he was given the reference of Othello to help him relate to the intensity of the character.
Do you sense competition with Mohit as your shows will air at the same time?
Well, I’ve told him that I am going to take him down (laughs).
Post Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, people seem to expect a reprised version of your popular character Khushi
I’m happy that people love me that way. I accept love in whichever form it comes, even if it is as Khushi. Obviously people have loved me as Khushi as perhaps that was my biggest show. But people also recall my other roles, Gunjan and Chhanchhan.
Have you put the failure of Chhanchhan behind you?
You learn a lot from every show, and I had my share of learning with Chhanchhan. I don’t consider it a bad patch in my life. Whatever happened on Chhanchhan happened for a reason and it had to end because I had to do Rangrasiya.
It was lovely to see you support Drashti Dhami on a reality show. How did the two of you become friends?
Both of us find it weird to talk about our friendship. We’re like any ordinary human beings who are friends. We do things that normal friends do. We met during our college days and have been friends since.
What do you think of Mohit’s role in Qubool Hai?
I have watched the show and I really liked him on the show. I’m happy he is doing something he likes.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.
- Pavitra Punia lashed out at those criticising her relationship with Eijaz Khan and reiterated that they do not need the approval of haters. The couple fell in love during Bigg Boss 14.
- Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.
- Rakhi Sawant's Bigg Boss 14 colleague Vikas Gupta met her mother Jaya Sawant and cheered her up ahead of her cancer operation.
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.