Surbhi Chandna says she was almost replaced in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
Surbhi Chandna, who made her small screen debut in 2009 with a small role in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, has revealed that she was almost dropped from the show. The reason was that she was not very good with remembering her lines.
In an interview with Pinkvilla, Surbhi said that she was pulled up by her mother for not memorising her lines properly. “Even Taarak Mehta’s team was going to replace me. My mom scared me to do better,” she said.
Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah creator Asit Kumarr Modi went to Surbhi’s mother and said that the actor had to pull up her socks because she played a pivotal role in the narrative. “I don’t know how I performed but they keep playing those episodes even today,” she laughed.
Also Watch | What Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah actor Mandar is doing at home
Surbhi, who has acted in Ek Nanad Ki Khushiyon Ki Chaabi...Meri Bhabhi and Qubool Hai, became a household name with Ishqbaaz in which she played the lead role opposite Nakuul Mehta. She reprised her role as Annika Trivedi in the show’s spin-off Dil Boley Oberoi.
In the interview, Surbhi said that she came close to giving up during Ishqbaaz too, but she kept going because of her mother. “My mother always sees the goodness in things, in tough times and bad times. I think I have learnt from this. There was a time when I would tell them I am giving up, mujhe nahi hoga during Ishqbaaz and they would tell me to have patience. And then what the show has given me is unprecedented,” she said.
Surbhi was last seen on the small screen in the follow-up of popular hospital drama Sanjivani. She played Dr Ishani Arora in the show.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.