Pakistan’s Covid-19 situation worsens; 2,443 new cases
The Covid-19 situation in Pakistan seems to worsen as over 2,000 new positive cases have been reported for the third consecutive day, reported ARY News.
According to the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC), as many as 2,443 more infections were detected over the past 24 hours, lifting the national tally of Covid-19 cases to 356,904.
The number of active cases in the country has also soured to 26,538, while 32 people have succumbed to the virus in the past 24 hours, taking the death toll to 7,141.
1,377 of the patients currently under treatment are said to be in critical condition. A total of 323,225 people have recovered from the deadly disease while 49,210,50 samples have been tested thus far.
According to ARY News, since the Covid-19 outbreak began, Sindh has reported 154,738 cases, while Punjab recorded 109,993, followed by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (41,990), Balochistan (16,393), Islamabad (23,994), Gilgit-Baltistan (4,447), and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (5,349).
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The latest purchase would take the total number of Covid-19 doses ordered by the government to 600 million.
- UK is the first country in Europe where more than 100,000 people have died from coronavirus.
- Blinken, 58, served as deputy secretary of state and deputy national security adviser during the Obama administration.
- The first crew will spend eight days at the space station, and will take one or two days to get there aboard a SpaceX Dragon capsule following liftoff from Cape Canaveral. Each of these first paying customers intends to perform science research in orbit.
- The Transportation Security Administration said Tuesday that screeners found 3,257 firearms on passengers or in their carry-on bags in 2020, or about 10 for every million travelers. About 83% of the guns were loaded.